This military litter carrier can be used for wheeled mobile transport of patients and as a free-standing support during treatment. It was originally designed for collecting, treating, and evacuating casualties in combat and is still being used by the U.S. military today.
Since it is was created with limited manpower in mind, it is also ideally suited to civilian emergencies and disasters. It’s versatility can handle first aid for survivalists in the wilderness or contribute to a Regional Mass Casualty Response team of humanitarian first responders.
Military Litter Carrier Features
- Compact, lightweight, modular design
- Disassembles and fits in double-zippered carrying bag
- Compatible with all U.S. Military, NATO, and Charlie’s Horse brand stretchers
- Puncture-proof, all-terrain wheels
- Technical manual
Wheeled Litter Carrier Specs
- Platform Dimensions: 84″ long x 31″ w x 29″ h
- Cargo Capacity: 500 lbs
- Patient Load Capacity:400 lbs
- Condition: New from old stock, may have slight scratches
- NSN: 6530-01-508-6615
Interestingly, this military litter carrier was originally designed as part of an entire mobile medical facility called the Charlie’s Horse Deployment System. The optional kits that are part of this system, if you can find them, are kits A and C, Raven or Talon stretcher, backrest, cargo hauler (SR731) for stowing equipment and supplies, medical accessory tower, and IMPACT ventilator. It may be compatible with other medical equipment but we are not qualified to determine that. This carrier is still made today by North Coast Outfitters Ltd.
You may find the Charlie’s Horse SR701RT Technical Manual helpful.