This is a genuine U.S. Army ‘Wet Weather Poncho Liner’. It is lightweight, soft and cozy. So much so that it is affectionately known as a “Woobie” by soldiers and civilians alike.
It was designed to attach to any military rain poncho to use as a sleeping bag or blanket. It is perfect for mild weather and makes a great extra layer in colder weather. A properly attached rain poncho should protect it from the elements but if it does get a little wet, it dries quickly.
Army Poncho Liner Features
- 100% Ripstop nylon oxford outer shell
- Quilted with 100% polyester batting
- Nylon binding around edges for strength
- Tie strings on corners and sides secure it to rain poncho grommets for extra warmth
- Woodland camo
- Approx. 82″ x 62″
US Army Woobie Blanket Uses
- Everyone’s favorite couch blanket (including the dog)
- Warm weather sleeping bag
- Cold weather sleeping bag liner
- Football game bun warmer
- Emergency blanket in your vehicle or bug out bag
- Impromptu sunshade
- It’s uses are only limited by your imagination!
US Army Poncho Liner Instructions
- Spread the poncho flat on the ground, making sure that the hood opening is tightly closed and is on the groundside.
- Place liner on poncho, matching the tie laces on liner with the grommets on the poncho and tie together.
- If the poncho and liner combination is to be used as a sleeping bag, snap the sides of the poncho together along their entire length and tuck the foot end under to keep the feet from sticking out. CAUTION: Do not fasten the snap fasteners together when used as a sleeping bag in combat areas; it cannot be opened quickly.
- Poncho and liner combination can be used as a wrap-around sleeping bag or as a blanket.
- The liner, without the poncho, can be used as a blanket when sleeping under cover or in a jungle hammock.
- Keep liner away from open fire and sparks. DO NOT SMOKE in bed when using liner as a blanket or sleeping bag.
- When necessary, liner can be hand laundered. Use a mild soap and lukewarm water. Do not boil.
- Do not dry clean.
Made in U.S.A. by Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind, Inc.
NSN: 8405-00-889-3683 (DLA100-91-F-EE73