This new, lightweight summer sleeping bag is perfect for warm weather camping. It was originally designed for U.S. Forest Service fire fighters working in the backcountry and is naturally flame-resistant. The zipperless design features four tie tapes at the upper center front. The “FSS” emblazoned on the front stands for “Forest Service Supply”.
As with any sleeping bag, you still need to put some kind of padding under it to block cold from the ground being conducted into it. Use a foam pad, air mattress, cardboard, packboard — whatever works. If it’s a bit nippy, wear a knitted hat to keep your head warm.
Summer Sleeping Bag Features
- Size: 80″ long x 32″ wide
- Shell: Nylon taffeta
- Batting: 2.3 lbs hollow polyester fiber
- Rating: Down to 45° F.
- Color: Royal blue outside, dark gray inside
- Closure: Tie tapes at upper center front (zipperless)
Washing Instructions for Your Summer Sleeping Bag
- Use large capacity (25–30 lbs.) front loading machine.
- Wash in warm water gentle cycle.
- Tumble dry in large capacity dryer only. Drying temperature must not exceed 130° F. Do not dry clean.
Manufactured by The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.