This medium size water drum is primarily used for emergency storage and/or transportation of drinking water. It may also be used as a pneumatic lifting jack or ship fender; underwater storage; or, as a surface or submerged flotation device — for constructing a temporary bridge, for instance.
This 250-gallon water storage drum (aka ‘army water blivet’) is very mobile and rugged. It may be rolled, towed, and floated. It can also be lifted by helicopter and dropped free-fall from 15 feet or dropped from higher elevations via parachute. Whether you stow it on its end or side, use it on the ground or from the back of a truck, it adapts to your circumstances and needs.
Note: Military field photos provided are for a similar 500-gallon tank which is 10″ larger in diameter. We couldn’t find photos of the 250-gallon tank.
Why a Collapsible Water Tank?
- Stores 250 gallons of water
- Requires less space than using 5 steel drums for equivalent capacity
- Collapses when empty for compact storage — 10% of full volume (approx. 3.5 cu. ft.)
- Easy to transport — roll, tow, float, or drop it from a helicopter!
250-Gallon Water Tank Specs
- Dimensions When Filled: 40″ dia. x 60″ long (35 cu. ft.)
- Weight: 180 lbs empty; 2,300 lbs when filled
- Material: Rubber-coated fabric with high puncture and tear resistance
- Weather resistance: –40°F to 160°F
- Rigorously tested including a 30 psi hydro pressure test
- Certified for drinking water*
- New, old stock with slight storage wear
Included in Package
- Standard, sand-colored water drum (collapsible tank)
- 1.5″ x 10′ filler/discharge hose assembly
- Quick-connect fittings reduce to terminate in 1″ nozzle
- Valve and valve adapter assembly
- Quick-disconnect swivel
- Operation and maintenance manual
Important Shipping Notice: Due to its size and weight, this product can only be shipped by truck so our shopping cart cannot give you an estimate. Please call 1-800-653-8528 for a shipping quote to your destination. If you place your order in advance, we will contact you with a freight quote before shipping. Or, you can make your own shipping arrangements and pick it up at our Downtown Billings 59101 location. Contact us for details.
Meets or surpasses all U.S. Military specification and standards; the inside surface of the potable water drum meets U.S. Food & Drug Administration requirements and, per specified testing, will neither impart odor chlorinated water to an intensity greater than threshold odor No. 2, nor will it impart taste to an intensity higher than threshold No. 4.